Deputy PrincipalApplications close Wednesday 9 May 2018
The Deputy Principal, University Senior College, has the responsibility to lead, develop and manage processes to ensure the smooth daily operations of the College, supporting the delivery of high quality learning and teaching programs.
The Deputy Principal will have a high profile in the College community and a strategic, practical solution-focused approach to respond proactively across all areas of the College.
The Deputy Principal will work collaboratively with the Principal to lead the College community in its next stage of development.
The Deputy Principal is a member of the Executive Leadership Team and assumes the role of acting Principal in the absence of the Principal.
In this executive leadership role, the Deputy Principal has leadership responsibilities and supports the Principal to achieve the Aspirations of the Strategic Plan.Key aspects of the Deputy Principal role include:
- The development of a timetable which is student-choice focused and optimises the use of resources.
- Daily Operations, specifically the allocation of reliefs and any issue related to facilities.
- The development of student agency across the College.
- Collaboration with the University of Adelaide and other partners as applicable to the role.
- Up to two lines of teaching.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, reflecting confidence in working with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Manage competing demands and have proven experience in meeting tight deadlines.
- Be an exceptional role model for staff and students and lead by example.
- Demonstrate leadership experience in an educational institution dealing with senior secondary.
- Demonstrate a commitment to on-going improvement in practice.
- Be a well-qualified subject specialist and be recognised as a highly accomplished classroom practitioner.
The Deputy Principal is appointed by the College Council and reports to the Principal.
This position is full time and the remuneration package is commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and subject to an annual review.
- Deputy Principal Specification (Role Description)
- Employment Application Form
- Application Declaration Form
Applications close Wednesday 9 May 2018
How to Apply
Applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Employment Application and Application Declaration, together with the names and contact details of four referees should be sent to:
Ms Anita Zocchi
University Senior College
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide SA 5005
Registered teachers who are interested in TRT positions at USC are invited to forward a brief CV and contact details via email to the Deputy Principal for consideration.