University Senior College was founded in 2002 as a secular, co-educational independent secondary school for Year 11 and 12 students seeking an academic and supportive pathway to university studies and beyond. In 2020, University Senior College introduced Year 10.
At USC we are committed to preparing students to bridge the gap between secondary and tertiary study. USC is currently one of the most significant feeder schools to the University sector in South Australia, in particular the University of Adelaide.
While our specialist and experienced team of teachers work with students to create a teaching and learning partnership, students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning. The school day at USC is shaped to cater for students choosing from a comprehensive range of subjects which have clear links to University entrance. In this dynamic, adult environment, students are able to identify and follow authentic study programs that provide pathways to rewarding career options.
Our unique partnership with the University of Adelaide creates a learning pathway that can be inspirational. Ready access to academic staff and specialist facilities provides an enriched and innovative learning experience. We aim to promote a cooperative environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills, attitudes, self-reliance and a sense of self-worth that enables students to maximise their personal potential. Our students come from very diverse backgrounds with more than 80 schools providing our local intakes.
To inspire, empower and nurture lifelong learning.
USC graduate attributes
USC graduates are:
- Adaptable, resilient and ready to succeed at university
- Effective communicators
- Leaders and collaborators
- Creative, innovative and critical thinkers
- Ethical and interculturally minded
- Resilient, creative and intrinsically motivated students who are equipped for university.
- Inspirational learning opportunities that support creativity, problem solving and collaboration.
- A genuine partnership with the University of Adelaide, designed to foster a love of learning.
- Passionate and inspirational staff who are leaders in their fields.
- A diverse, cohesive and respectful community.
- Teaching and learning spaces that inspire.
- Exceptional governance and enabling structures support USC as a high performing organisation.
- Build the reputation and the brand of USC as the College of choice for pre-tertiary education.
Integrity, mutual respect and diversity.