The USC Partner's Pathway is an opportunity to secure a guaranteed place at the University of Adelaide on the basis of academic achievement within the school and the demonstration of behaviours and attitudes that support success in tertiary studies.
Students who follow the Partner's Pathway are expected to complete SACE and secure an ATAR, but a guaranteed course of study at the University of Adelaide is based upon a recommendation from the school Principal to the Vice Chancellor. The recommendation is made on the basis of a number of factors including:
- Strong academic progress in a program of study leading to SACE.
- The study of five Stage 2 subjects apart from the Research Project.
- An appropriate choice of subjects for a given tertiary pathway.
- A positive attitude to learning.
- The development of those qualities required of an independent learner.
- Punctuality, organisation and participation.
Neither University Senior College nor the University of Adelaide expects 'perfection'. What is expected is that individuals prioritise their studies and they demonstrate the capacity to make positive changes to manage their learning. The assessment process is conducted during the first semester of Year 12 and a final recommendation is made after the school's midyear exams in July. On the basis of the school recommendation the University of Adelaide provides USC students with a guaranteed place for the following year. All courses offered by the University of Adelaide are available except those that require an audition, interview or UMAT.